Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Old Fashioned Peach Cake


Last fall, one of my first attempts at altering a recipe came from a recipe in one of the local newspapers that was taken from Cooks.com. It turned out to be a wonderful plum cake. It would also turn out really nicely with any mix of berries on top as well.

Old Fashioned Peach Cake 


Cake
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. gluten free flour ( I use 2 parts brown/white rice, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca)
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla or 1-2 TBSP Amaretto (why not?)
  • 3 peaches, sliced or enough to cover the top of the cake ( toss in lemon juice to keep from browning)
`Topping
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix well butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Add eggs. Mix in flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract or Amaretto. Grease  9 x 9 inch pan or line with parchment paper. Press peach slices into top of batter that has been spread in pan. Sprinkle topping over peaches.
Bake 375°F. for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done.

** If you are making this with regular flour, use 1 cup of all-purpose flour and omit xanthan gum**





Must buy more peaches!!!
Check out more Peach recipes  at The W.H.O.L.E Gang's Friday Foodie Fix

2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful; a very enticing summer dessert! I'm so glad I've found your site...I don't think I've been here before :)

    PS I so appreciate your Gluten Free Feed submission! Keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hang out here by myself pretty much.
    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete