Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Review

I was driving through the southern states last year and wasn't able to have a lot of the regional foods. South Carolina and its hushpuppies and honey butter were particularly tempting but I could only watch as everyone around me ate them.

I found Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix and thought I could make some hushpuppies out of that. Changed my mind and just decided to first try it as cornbread. Just add eggs, oil or butter and milk and mix it up and pour in the pan. It really doesn't get much easier. I added some Cajun spice which was nice. I think it's a little more on the sweeter side of the cornbread scale though.  
Also made some Honey Butter for the cornbread. 1/2 cup of butter with 2.5 tbsp of honey mixed in. 

Y'all need to get some. 



No comments:

Post a Comment