Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ahhhh Scones.....


I was driving through the States, just outside San Francisco when we stopped in at Whole Foods to buy some dinner items. I found the Whole Food's brand of Cranberry Orange scones. This was before I really started baking my own gluten free items. Very dry. Not a ton of flavour. Certainly not great at room temperature and well, we didn't have access to a microwave.

I torment myself. I read the King Arthur Flour blog. Sometimes just for the photos. The photos can be mouthwatering. They recently had a blog post on Gluten Free Brazilian Cheese Bread which I really want to try since I had some at the Farmer's Market on Granville Island in Vancouver.
But prior to that, some time ago, bookmarked and saved was a recipe for Scone Nibbles or a copycat version of Starbucks scones. http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2009/06/10/a-tasty-nibble-an-ideal-nosh-sugar-glazed-mini-scones/

Now, I made some focaccia last week with a gluten free bread flour mix and didn't label it. So of course, what did I accidently use when I made these scones? Yeah, that's right. Oh well, they were still amazing. I really can't complain.

I didn't have enough chocolate chips or vanilla extract so I used my white chocolate chips with some butterscotch extract and then some amaretto flavouring for the glaze.









That's right. White chocolate butterscotch scones with amaretto glaze. So much yum!









This post is linked to Simply Gluten Free's Gluten Free Photo Contest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment