I've never been a muffin girl. Muffin-top yes but big muffin eater? No.
Unless there were chocolate chips muffins, then it was another story.
Then I discovered Banana Crumb Muffins
Oh, plus chocolate chips.
The other day, I decided to give it a go. What have I got to lose?
* 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour mix*
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 bananas, mashed
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
* Chocolate Chips - however many you like - 1/2 cup -3/4 cup
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons Gluten free flour mix*
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers. Now, I make 12 muffins while the real recipe calls for 10 so my muffins are a little on the smaller side. So you decide which you would prefer.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened and add chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
*Gluten Free flour Mix - 1 part brown rice flour, 1 part white rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca starch and 3/4 -1 tsp xanthan gum per cup
Mmmm, tastes exactly the same as my old wheat flour filled version.
How good does that look???